Sunday, April 25, 2010

Must.write.words.now.

It's 10:20 on Sunday morning; the whole day is ahead of me and yet, I already know it won't be enough.  So I'm trying to prioritize.  The fact that "post to the blog" ends up at the top of the priority list tells you something about my path of least resistance approach to getting things done on Sunday.  Checking email was actually the top thing and the blog gets rolled into that under the rationale of "might as well as long as I'm at the computer."  Of course, I could work on my real writing but that takes a level of concentration I don't feel just yet.  The deadline is looming, however.  Submissions for our next critique group are due on Friday and I'm headed to the SCBWI MI conference on Saturday.  It would be good to feel like a writer when I get there.  Right now I feel like a poser (to borrow a term from my British nephews).  They say that physical activity is good for the brain so I think I'll try a cob-web clearing walk around campus and see if inspiration strikes.  Stranger things have happened...

2 comments:

  1. Ack! I'm feeling the deadline pressure too! (But in a good way...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's worse, pressure or frustration. They are both a strain on the brain.
    Of course,at some point, they co-exist, somewhere about Wednesday or Thursday I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete